Document Type : Original Article
Tajik Technical University, Tajikistan
A new optimal hybrid solar/diesel/battery system was suggested in this paper for covering the load demand in a rural area in Taklamakan Desert located in China. The major idea is to design a new improved version of the Student Psychology Based Optimization Algorithm for minimizing the load probability loss, the annualized system expense, and the value of the CO2 release. The study also used the ε-constraint method to make a single objective problem from the multi-objective problem. The final results are compared with two other methods from the literature to indicate the higher capability of the method. The study also applied sensitivity analysis on the εCO2, εLLP, and the load consumption to show proper results of the system against different variations.
- Aghajani, Gholamreza, and Noradin Ghadimi. 2018. ‘Multi-objective energy management in a micro-grid’, Energy Reports, 4: 218-25.
- Akbary, Paria, Mohammad Ghiasi, Mohammad Reza Rezaie Pourkheranjani, Hamidreza Alipour, and Noradin Ghadimi. 2019. ‘Extracting appropriate nodal marginal prices for all types of committed reserve’, Computational Economics, 53: 1-26.
- Alizadeh, E, MM Barzegari, M Momenifar, M Ghadimi, and SHM Saadat. 2016. ‘Investigation of contact pressure distribution over the active area of PEM fuel cell stack’, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 41: 3062-71.
- Bahramara, Salah, Andrea Mazza, Gianfranco Chicco, Miadreza Shafie-khah, and João PS Catalão. 2020. ‘Comprehensive review on the decision-making frameworks referring to the distribution network operation problem in the presence of distributed energy resources and microgrids’, International Journal of Electrical Power & Energy Systems, 115: 105466.
- Cao, Yan, Yiqing Li, Geng Zhang, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, and Navid Razmjooy. 2019. ‘Experimental modeling of PEM fuel cells using a new improved seagull optimization algorithm’, Energy Reports, 5: 1616-25.
- Cao, Yan, Yujia Wu, Leijie Fu, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, and Navid Razmjooy. 2019. ‘Multi-objective optimization of a PEMFC based CCHP system by meta-heuristics’, Energy Reports, 5: 1551-59.
- Das, Bikash, V Mukherjee, and Debapriya Das. 2020. ‘Student psychology based optimization algorithm: A new population based optimization algorithm for solving optimization problems’, Advances in Engineering Software, 146: 102804.
- do Nascimento, Douglas Aguiar, Yuzo Iano, Hermes José Loschi, Navid Razmjooy, Robert Sroufe, Vlademir de Jesus Silva Oliveira, Diego Arturo Pajuelo Castro, and Matheus Montagner. 2019. ‘Sustainable adoption of connected vehicles in the Brazilian landscape: policies, technical specifications and challenges’, Transactions on Environment and Electrical Engineering, 3: 44-62.
- Dufo-Lopez, Rodolfo, and José L Bernal-Agustín. 2008. ‘Multi-objective design of PV–wind–diesel–hydrogen–battery systems’, Renewable Energy, 33: 2559-72.
- Dufo-López, Rodolfo, Iván R Cristóbal-Monreal, and José M Yusta. 2016. ‘Optimisation of PV-wind-diesel-battery stand-alone systems to minimise cost and maximise human development index and job creation’, Renewable Energy, 94: 280-93.
- Fan, Xiaochao, Hexu Sun, Zhi Yuan, Zheng Li, Ruijing Shi, and Navid Razmjooy. 2020. ‘Multi-objective optimization for the proper selection of the best heat pump technology in a fuel cell-heat pump micro-CHP system’, Energy Reports, 6: 325-35.
- Fei, Xi, Ruan Xuejun, and Navid Razmjooy. 2019. ‘Optimal configuration and energy management for combined solar chimney, solid oxide electrolysis, and fuel cell: a case study in Iran’, Energy Sources, Part A: Recovery, Utilization, and Environmental Effects: 1-21.
- Feng, Yu, Weiping Hao, Haoru Li, Ningbo Cui, Daozhi Gong, and Lili Gao. 2020. ‘Machine learning models to quantify and map daily global solar radiation and photovoltaic power’, Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, 118: 109393.
- Fodhil, F, A Hamidat, and O Nadjemi. 2019. ‘Potential, optimization and sensitivity analysis of photovoltaic-diesel-battery hybrid energy system for rural electrification in Algeria’, Energy, 169: 613-24.
- Fu, Zhaohui. 2017. ‘Dun Huang Caves-A Trove of 1000+ Years of Art and History Preserved in the Gobi Desert of Gansu, China’.
- Gollou, Abbas Rahimi, and Noradin Ghadimi. 2017. ‘A new feature selection and hybrid forecast engine for day-ahead price forecasting of electricity markets’, Journal of Intelligent & Fuzzy Systems, 32: 4031-45.
- Gong, Wei, and Navid razmjooy. 2020. ‘A new optimisation algorithm based on OCM and PCM solution through energy reserve’, International Journal of Ambient Energy: 1-14.
- Gong, Wenyin, Zhihua Cai, and Charles X Ling. 2010. ‘DE/BBO: a hybrid differential evolution with biogeography-based optimization for global numerical optimization’, Soft Computing, 15: 645-65.
- Guo, Yingying, Xiangdong Dai, Kittisak Jermsittiparsert, and Navid Razmjooy. 2020. ‘An optimal configuration for a battery and PEM fuel cell-based hybrid energy system using developed Krill herd optimization algorithm for locomotive application’, Energy Reports, 6: 885-94.
- Hamian, Melika, Ayda Darvishan, Mehdi Hosseinzadeh, Milad Janghorban Lariche, Noradin Ghadimi, and Alireza Nouri. 2018. ‘A framework to expedite joint energy-reserve payment cost minimization using a custom-designed method based on mixed integer genetic algorithm’, Engineering Applications of Artificial Intelligence, 72: 203-12.
- ‘The HOMER Pro® microgrid software by HOMER Energy’. 2020. https://www.homerenergy.com/products/pro/index.html.
- Hosseini Firouz, Mansour, and Noradin Ghadimi. 2016. ‘Optimal preventive maintenance policy for electric power distribution systems based on the fuzzy AHP methods’, Complexity, 21: 70-88.
- Leng, Hua, Xinran Li, Jiran Zhu, Haiguo Tang, Zhidan Zhang, and Noradin Ghadimi. 2018. ‘A new wind power prediction method based on ridgelet transforms, hybrid feature selection and closed-loop forecasting’, Advanced Engineering Informatics, 36: 20-30.
- Mayer, Martin János, Artúr Szilágyi, and Gyula Gróf. 2020. ‘Environmental and economic multi-objective optimization of a household level hybrid renewable energy system by genetic algorithm’, Applied Energy, 269: 115058.
- Mir, Mahdi, Mohammad Dayyani, Tole Sutikno, Morteza Mohammadi Zanjireh, and Navid Razmjooy. 2020. ‘Employing a Gaussian Particle Swarm Optimization method for tuning Multi Input Multi Output‐fuzzy system as an integrated controller of a micro‐grid with stability analysis’, Computational Intelligence, 36: 225-58.
- Murugaperumal, Krishnamoorthy, Suresh Srinivasn, and GRKD Satya Prasad. 2020. ‘Optimum design of hybrid renewable energy system through load forecasting and different operating strategies for rural electrification’, Sustainable Energy technologies and assessments, 37: 100613.
- Namadchian, Ali, Mehdi Ramezani, and Navid Razmjooy. 2016. ‘A new meta-heuristic algorithm for optimization based on variance reduction of guassian distribution’, Majlesi Journal of Electrical Engineering, 10: 49.
- Pan, Wen-Tsao. 2012. ‘A new fruit fly optimization algorithm: taking the financial distress model as an example’, Knowledge-Based Systems, 26: 69-74.
- Rajabioun, Ramin. 2011. ‘Cuckoo optimization algorithm’, Applied Soft Computing, 11: 5508-18.
- Samy, MM, Shimaa Barakat, and HS Ramadan. 2019. ‘A flower pollination optimization algorithm for an off-grid PV-Fuel cell hybrid renewable system’, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, 44: 2141-52.
- Sandeep, SR, and Rudranna Nandihalli. 2020. ‘Optimal Sizing in Hybrid Renewable Energy System with the Aid of Opposition Based Social Spider Optimization’, Journal of Electrical Engineering & Technology, 15: 433-40.
- Sobu, Ango, and Guohong Wu. 2012. “Optimal operation planning method for isolated micro grid considering uncertainties of renewable power generations and load demand.” In IEEE PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies, 1-6. IEEE.
- Suryoatmojo, Heri. 2010. ‘Artificial intelligence based optimal configuration of hybrid power generation system’.
- Yazdani, Maziar, and Fariborz Jolai. 2016. ‘Lion optimization algorithm (LOA): a nature-inspired metaheuristic algorithm’, Journal of Computational Design and Engineering, 3: 24-36.
- Zhang, Weiping, Akbar Maleki, Marc A Rosen, and Jingqing Liu. 2019. ‘Sizing a stand-alone solar-wind-hydrogen energy system using weather forecasting and a hybrid search optimization algorithm’, Energy Conversion and Management, 180: 609-21.